From the article: 25 Best Werewolf Horror Movies
Are there any werewolf movies that I missed in my list? Which movies would you include? What are your top films?
- 1-WEREWOLF -THE BEAST AMONG US = AWESOME BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT IS COMING
- —Guest kristen
- Just wanted to say that I think ginger snaps two is far superior in every way to three as it is much gloomier and has a better plot plus that ending is killer
- —Guest Big wolf
One that should have made it
- Full Eclipse (1993) Mario Van Peebles, Patsy Kensit, Bruce Payne. While it probably wouldn't be in my personal Top 10, it would definitely make my Top 25.
- —Guest Kamara
I would add..
- 13hrs (aka Night Wolf) from 2010. It's not great, but definitely worth a look. As for the order of the list, as much as I enjoy Dog Soldiers, An American Werewolf in London would be my number one.
- —Guest kronos
underworld rise of the lycans
- rise of the lycans is the best underworld movie with werewolves are taring the vampires apart ..
- —Guest ashley
- How is cursed nowhere on the list!? Great movie, awesome transformation! Otherwise not a bad list.
- —Guest lycsn
love ur list
- in my list 1 is silver bullet as it introduce me to were wolf 2,new moon i loved the concept but the wolf was quiet huge,but the thrill was there,3ginger snap......well i also liked red riding movie its like a story comin to life from chilhood.
- —Guest wolf fan
Wolfen isn't a werewolf movie
- Wolfen is not a werewolf film. It's about a supernatural species of wolves bent on killing the ones encroaching on their territory. They are wolves, not werewolves and are unable to take human form. A good movie, but not a werewolf to be seen. By the way to Guest "Dazed"...Howling 2 isn't even on the list. It's Howling 5. "V" doesn't mean "2".
- —Guest Moe
- underworld,species,wild country,blood moon,dog soldiers ,howling v,rise of the lycans
- —Guest ismail usman
My top 5 with notes!
- 5. Ginger Snaps 4. Dog Solidiers 3. The Howling 2. Silver Bullet 1. American Werewolf In London. first, I just wanna say why Bad Moon? the dog Thor, was overused, undernoticed, while the mom acted completely oblivious! and somehow she acted legally deaf as well. But it was decent. Next, The howling 2, i own it, and it took awhile to find. But, not top 5 material. Then i see Underworld in top 5 alot! wtf?! i'll agree that the werewolfs, especially, in the first movie, had decent sequences. (remember the vampire with silver? whips) kinda cool. But that's not werewolf, That's just a Cross-Examination of 2 paranormal. Underworld, twilight, Zombies vs. Vampires, Hell. Throw in Freddy vs. Jason, etc. are perfect examples of movies that deal, battle, or co-exist with multiple paranormal beings. thus, can not be labeled in 1 category. But, a more sophisticated one.
- —Guest Dazed
- I have to agree - Dog Soldiers is GREAT! Im probably one of the few who also agree Silver Bullet is a strong #2. I'd Bump American Werewolf to #3 and leave Bad Moon at #4. Spot on!
- —Guest DJ
- What about "The Wolfman" with Benito Del Toro? Loved the special effects. It reminded me of a current day Lon Cheney, Jr.
- —Guest Kellye
- You have Howling 5 on the list but not The original - oversight perhaps? Other than that there are 1 or 2 I'd never heard of which I'll now check out. Thanks
- —Guest Steve
- I can't believe I didn't see "I was a teenage werewolf" on the list. Best werewolf design was "The Howling". I could feel the hatred.
marky marks top five werewolf movies
- 5) bad moon 4) howling 3) howling II 2)dog soldier 1) an american werewolf in london
- —Guest marky mark
1-15 of 21Next