From the article: The 25 Best Slasher Movies
Are there any slasher movies that I missed in my list? Which movies are your favorites? What are your top films?
#1 slasher of all time
- MANIAC nothing else to be said hands down the best slashe film of ALL time!
- —Guest guest
- the three best slasher films are (1.) psycho (2.) halloween and (3.) scream. They are all important, not just in terms of a great film to watch, but overall how they influenced future films and pop culture. What is also neat is that without psycho there would be no halloween, and without no halloween there would be no scream.
- —Guest Dustin
- Halloween was is my favorite horror of all time but i do think halloween 2 deserves a place here and i certanly missed my bloody valentine just cous it gave mw same feeling as with watching halloween
- —Guest Halloween
- A pretty descent list I have ro admit. I do wonder if there is a particular resan for not admitting Maniac to the list? Cheers
- —Guest Johan
- I would have to go wit Friday the 13th pt 2 and the first one. Added with Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
- —Guest big man
- when i was a young teen, i went to summer camp, where i had a great time! THEN i saw 'Friday the 13th' for the first time! i was freaked out! i told my mom that I'd never go back! (which she made do again!) somebody told me "don't worry, only the camp counsulers get killed" but i was still scared. but, like the Halloween series, i got hooked on this one too! those moies were my introduction to 'slasher movies'! before that, i just knew the Universal ones and monster movies. but after seeing the slasher ones, i was hooked! i have seen and collected so much horror, i have seperate shelfs for them! my sister thinks i have a 'inner killer' inside me! which i don't, i just enjoy watching them, knowing they're fake! two other series to note are 'The Amityville Horror'(the ones that have the real story) and 'Slient Night, Deadly Night' which really got inside the torchered mind of a poor boy who would turn into a killer.
- —Guest jason
cute and funny
- i always thought the original 'Halloween' was the best. last year i dressed up as Michael (i have one of collectors' masks') and walked around town, not saying a word. i got a lot of funny looks from people, either scared or strange. later on that night, i sat outside my building waiting for the kids across the street to come home from trick-or-treating. i had a pumpkin basket full of candy to give them. they got back and saw me, and their mom pointed me out and said "look, it's Michael, the killer from 'Halloween'! they were scared at first, but she said it was okay. they told me to come across the street, so i did. i handed out candy to them all, not saying a word. i had a good time doing it! but then this past winter they firgured out it was me! they all like me now, and when i walk home past their houses, they all yell to me "hi Michael, hi Michael"! they've even said "next year, you should be Jason or Freddie" which i also have the masks for. it cracks me up whenever i see them!
- —Guest michael
- Original Texas Chainsaw, Hostel was pretty gnarly, and of the Collector (2009). I watched it last night, and from 20 minutes in, all the way to the end, it's totally gut wrenching.
- (the original) april fool's day, (the original) sleepaway camp, (the original) texas chainsaw massacre.
- —Guest rcm
- I think you should of had the Original My Bloody Valintine in that list. That's a great slasher film. Fiday the 13th also.
- —Guest Creature
- In a league of its own; end of story. Crank up your Blue Oyster Cult and "Don't Fear the Reaper".