1. Entertainment

Mark H. Harris

Is 666 Park Avenue Already in Trouble?

By October 5, 2012

666 Park Avenue
© ABC

It's only been on for one episode, but 666 Park Avenue might already be in hot water -- appropriate, given the show is about residents of an apartment building who sell their souls to Satan. Ratings for the premiere episode were mediocre at best and were even less than Pan Am earned for the network in that same time slot last year. Since Pan Am didn't even last a full season, that's not good news. Even worse, ABC hasn't been patient with low-rated genre shows of late, with The River, The Gates, Happy Town and Eastwick all getting the axe after just a few episodes.

We'll see how long it takes the network to make a decision on this one, but they have another suspense show waiting in the wings as a mid-season replacement: Zero Hour with Anthony Edwards (which likewise doesn't stand much of a chance, with ABC's track record). Anyway, enjoy the characters while they last, and if you're a fan of the show (which honestly I'm not yet, though I hope it gets a shot), get everyone you know to watch it.

Source: TV by the Numbers

Comments

October 5, 2012 at 10:00 am
(1) Sam Tyler says:

I liked it. I thought it took itself a bit too seriously with the acception of Terry O’quinns twinkle in the eye line delivery’s. I also like Vanessa Williams and the door guy, Erik Palladino. If the show stays on a path of physycological horror mixed with some dark comedy I think it could find an audience and have a shot. I hear they’re bringing in Whoopie Goldberg, could help.

October 5, 2012 at 10:40 am
(2) Cristy says:

I LOVED THIS SHOW!!!

October 5, 2012 at 1:24 pm
(3) Mary says:

I finally find a show that I really like and of course it’s in hot water :/
Go figure. I think this show is great and I like it alot. I really hope it gets more viewers

October 7, 2012 at 8:42 pm
(4) jodie says:

i loved it. and it usually takes me a while to get into a show.. dont take it off !!!!!

October 10, 2012 at 10:31 am
(5) JEREMY says:

This show would wowrk better as an anthology,like The Twilight Zone,
or Tales From The Darkside,with not just one, but several stories all centered around the consequnces of the wages of sin,the corruption of absolute power,etc,

There could be no better format than this one to explore such themes,
and, even more fitting,ON A SUNDAY NIGHT.

Otherwise, it would be no surprise if ABC soon decides
to forclose on this property.

December 17, 2012 at 6:27 pm
(6) Michelle says:

Please don’t cancel it..I love and so look forward to this show! That and American horror is all I DVR.it wasn’t on last nite 12/16 how come? Can’t we just talk to the writers for a minute and let them prove themselves??i I would hope so!!