A scene from The Collection.
© LD Entertainment
Here are several recently announced theatrical release dates for upcoming horror/suspense movies coming out this fall (or thereabouts):
- The Day: This thriller stars Shawn Ashmore, Shannyn Sossamon and Dominic Monaghan as post-apocalyptic survivors fighting for their lives as the farmhouse in which they're hiding comes under siege by a sadistic gang of attackers.
- Branded: In this They Live-ish sci fi fare, a man living in a dystopian society uncovers a conspiracy to brainwash citizens through corporate advertising.
- Solomon Kane: It's been released overseas for some time now, but after a couple of years on the shelf, this big-screen adaptation of the 16th century, evil-battling character conceived by Conan the Barbarian creator Robert E. Howard finally hits theaters in the US -- with an on-demand release a month earlier, on August 24.
- #Holdyourbreath: The first theatrical release from dubious "mockbuster" specialists The Asylum, this slasher finds a group of friends falling prey to the body-hopping ghost of a serial killer.
- The Collection: From the writers of the last several entries in the Saw series, this sequel to The Collector finds the survivor of the serial killer known as The Collector being drawn into a plan to capture the murderous psychopath by a group of mercenaries hired to rescue a wealthy man's daughter from his clutches.
Mark your calendars!