Originally targeted for a Mother's Day 2010 release, Darren Lynn Bousman's remake of the 1980 cult movie Mother's Day will finally see the light of day two years behind schedule -- on home video, with a limited theatrical release a week prior. Here are some upcoming DVD release dates of note:
- Corman's World: Exploits of a Hollywood Rebel: This documentary traces the extraordinary career of B-movie king Roger Corman.
- The Darkest Hour: A group of young Americans becomes trapped in Russia during an alien invasion.
- The Divide: Residents of a New York apartment building huddled in their basement struggle to survive an apocalyptic event.
- Episode 50: This "found footage" film of the week features rival teams of paranormal investigators encountering a powerful spirit.
- Dark Tide: Halle Berry stars as a shark expert who takes on a risky mission in the heart of the feeding ground known as Shark Alley.
- The Fields: Tara Reid and Cloris Leachman star in the story of a family that's terrorized by an unseen entity.
- The Innkeepers: In Ti West's ghost story, a pair of hotel workers investigate the legend behind the supposedly haunted building.
- The Wicker Tree: An unofficial sequel to/reimagining of the 1973 film The Wicker Man in which a pair of fundamentalist Christians travel from America to Scotland to spread the word, only to encounter a group of pagans with ominous plans for the newcomers.
- Humans vs. Zombies: A small group of survivors battle the undead during a zombie epidemic.
- Mother's Day: A deranged family torments interlopers who trespass on their property.
- Playback: Christian Slater stars in the story of a killer who returns from the grave after a video of his crime is viewed by a high school student.
- Don't Go in the Woods: Vincent D'Onofrio's directorial debut is a horror-musical about a band that ventures into the woods to write new songs and discovers that they're not alone.
Mark your calendars!